iKamper's hybrid roof top tent is the best of both worlds. The X-Cover 2.0's design eliminates the bulky PVC cover of traditional roof top tents and replaces it with a tough Rocky Black shell and durable canvas sides. In case that wasn't enough, it also features cross bars to mount extra gear like your bikes, skis, kayaks, and boards. This 2022 edition of our award-winning RTT sleeps 3-4 and sets up in just two minutes, leaving more time to enjoy your campsite.
Additional rack systems (bike, kayak, etc) are not included. Product images are for reference purposes only and may differ to a certain extent from the actual product.
- Extra cross bar storage for your bikes, skis, kayaks, and boards
- Tough Rocky Black shell with durable canvas sides
- 2-minute setup
- Spacious: sleeps 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults
- Comfortable: 9-zone, king-size, insulated 2.75" polyfoam mattress
- 2 black, powder-coated aluminum bars with a load rating of 65 lbs (30 kg)
- Thick, durable, breathable blackout canvas
- Wind resistant and quieter than other family roof top tents
- Quilted, insulated lining for more warmth and less condensation
- High-performance honeycomb aluminum floor panels (strong enough to hold a 1.8-ton Jeep Wrangler)
- Redesigned telescoping ladder with angled steps for safety and comfort
- Strong ripstop rainfly for extra protection
- Double Skyview windows for extra light by day and stars at night
- Made with unbeatable quality and craftsmanship at our factory in South Korea
- Highest international standards certifications (ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management)
- Honorable Mention, Red Dot Design Award (2019)
- Winner, Overland Journal Editor’s Choice Award (2019)
- Finalist, Outdoor Retailer's Innovation Awards
- Universal mounting system fits most vehicles and cross bars
- Customizable with accessories: Annex Plus, Awning, Shoe Rack, Storage Rack, Insulation Tent, Rain Canopy, Mounting Bracket Locks, etc.
- Includes Mounting Brackets 3.0, iKamper Allen Wrench, HC Ladder, 2 Keys, Hard Shell Wax (Gloss Black), Tension Poles, 4 Rail Endcaps, Instruction Manual
Install Guide (PDF)
Download the X-Cover 2.0 Manual here.
Patented 4-Person Roof Top Tent with Crossbars for Overlanding Gear
Easy setup and take down of this rooftop camping tent help you make the most of your weekend.
This innovative design combines a soft shell roof top tent with powder-coated aluminum cross bars. More room for bikes, skis, kayaks, and anything else you might need on your next adventure.
Spacious & Open
A double Sky View, large windows on all sides, and enough room to comfortably sleep up to four people.
The X-Cover® 2.0's design combines the quality of a hard shell with the spaciousness of a soft shell. Integrated cross bars allow you to mount your bikes, skis, kayaks, boards, or other overlanding gear. You can even keep your sleeping gear inside the tent when you close it: the X-Cover 2.0 holds 2 down sleeping bags and pillows.
Comfortably Sleeps 4 People
The aluminum floor panel folds out into a king-size footprint. The X-Cover® 2.0’s 9-zone, insulated, 2.75" (7cm) high-density polyfoam mattress can comfortably fit three adults or a family of two adults and two children. You won't find another roof top camping tent with this space, storage, and quality.
Fall Asleep Under the Stars
The X-Cover® 2.0's double Skyview windows give you extra light by day and an incredible view of the stars at night. The canopy windows have been redesigned, allowing you to open both the canvas and mesh windows simultaneously. They even roll up for extra ventilation. Enjoy the fresh air and a beautiful view from the comfort of your roof top tent.
Built to Endure the Elements
The X-Cover® 2.0 is designed and built in-house with high-quality components for you to enjoy your tent for years to come. We use high-performance honeycomb aluminum floor panels, thick & durable blackout canvas, a ripstop rainfly, YKK zippers... We've also added a Rocky Black FRP layer on top of the X-Cover 2.0 for extra resistance against scratches, hits, and UV rays.