The Skycamp® 3.0 is our newest 4-person hard shell roof top tent that fits SUVs, long sedans, and truck bed racks. We've improved every aspect of this tent based on feedback from our global community of 12,000+ members.
The signature fold-out extension panel offers plenty of legroom and makes our tent simple to set up and take down. An improved aerodynamic hard shell allows more bedding storage inside the tent so you can spend less time making your bed, and more time enjoying it. The spacious interior includes a thick 9-zone king-size mattress and insulated roof. Reengineered locking latches make this the most secure hard shell roof top tent without limiting accessibility to the camper. Mounting brackets are included, and the telescoping ladder is integrated into the tent design. All that remains is a roof rack, bed rack, or load bars to start your next adventure.
- 1-minute setup & take down
- Universal mounting system fits most vehicles and cross bars
- Pop up roof top tent
- Spacious king-size mattress sleeps 2 adults and 2 children or 3 adults
- Built to last: designed & manufactured in-house with high-quality components
- Comfortable: includes a 9-zone insulated mattress to more evenly distribute body weight
- Storage: keep your sleeping gear inside when you close your tent
- Windows: improved zipper design allows you to open both windows at once, and the easy-open system lets you use the outside cover as blinds
- Thick, durable, breathable blackout canvas
- Lightweight: you won't find another hardshell roof top tent so spacious this light
- Rocky Black: add this matte black option to protect your shell from scratches and/or UV rays
- Skyview window: fall asleep under the stars
- Locks: custom stainless steel, easy-access, hardshell locks for peace of mind
- Detachable rainfly: roll it up, or detach it completely for faster installation and better views
- HC Ladder: redesigned telescoping ladder with angled steps for safety and comfort
- Weatherproof access for electronics
- Wind resistant and quieter than other family roof top tents
- Waterproof, strong ripstop rain fly with an eco-friendly water-repellent (DWR) coating
- Redesigned quilted, insulated lining and mattress cover for more warmth and less condensation
- iKamper's signature world map on the hard shell
- Black powder-coated, sturdy aluminum poles to hang lights or to attach the Insulation Tent
- Lightweight, aerodynamic two-layer hard shell for insulation and strength
- High-performance honeycomb aluminum floor panels (strong enough to hold a 1.8-ton Jeep Wrangler)
- Included Mounting Brackets 3.0 compatible with thicker crossbars
- Made with unbeatable quality and craftsmanship at our factory in South Korea
- Highest international standards certifications (ISO 9001 Quality Management and ISO 14001 Environmental Management)
- Red Dot Design Award Winner (2018)
- Multiple colors: Black (glossy) and Rocky Black which has a matte, scratch-resistant coating for off-roading and overlanding
- Featured in HiConsumption, Gear Patrol, Expedition Portal, GearJunkie, New Atlas
- Customizable with accessories: Annex Plus, Awning, Shoe Rack, Storage Rack, Insulation Tent, Rain Canopy, Mounting Bracket Locks, etc.
- Includes Mounting Brackets 3.0, iKamper Allen Wrench, HC Ladder, 2 Keys, Hard Shell Wax (Gloss Black), Tension Poles, 4 Rail Endcaps, Instruction Manual
Install Guide (PDF)
Download the Skycamp® 3.0 manual here.
Award-Winning Roof top Tent with King-Size Comfort for Four
Easy 1-Minute Setup
Forget about fussing with tent poles. The original, expandable hard shell roof top tent sets up in 60 seconds.
Plenty of Room
This 4-person roof top tent can accommodate two adults and two children. It can also sleep up to three adults with elbow room to spare.
Built to Last
We make each roof top tent from high-quality components at our own factory in South Korea.
Comfortably Sleeps 4 People
The aluminum floor panel folds out into a king-size footprint. We've also increased the thickness and quality of the Skycamp® 3.0's mattress. It features a 9-zone comfort design with an insulating layer to reduce condensation. You won't find another hard shell roof top tent that’s as spacious and comfortable as this one.
Built to Endure the Elements
Most tents are made from thin, vinyl-coated polyester that restricts airflow and collects condensation. We decided to build a better roof top tent. The Skycamp® 3.0 is constructed with a breathable, water-resistant poly-cotton canvas. The thicker material, waterproof zippers, and rainfly keep you dry and stay quieter on windy days. Everything a 4-season rooftop tent needs.
Fall Asleep Under the Stars
Our Skycamp®'s signature Skyview window offers extra light by day and a view of the stars by night. Each canopy window has three layers: an inner clear vinyl layer, a mesh layer, and an outer canvas layer for versatility in all seasons. They even roll up for extra ventilation. Enjoy the fresh air and a beautiful view from the comfort of your roof top tent.
Add this matte black option to protect your shell from scratches and/or UV rays.
Keep your sleeping gear inside the Skycamp® 3.0 when you close it. It can hold as many as 3-4 down sleeping bags.
Our improved window design allows you to open both windows (canvas & mesh) simultaneously. The easy-open system also allows you to open the exterior canopy as blinds.